Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Quick TYT Update

With a slow last couple days in the world of Penn State hockey, I took some time to grind out a couple things that will probably be of use to me when I go to write posts, and hey, if by some miracle they're of use to you, that's great too. Specifically:
  • A list of games played by the Icers since 1995-1996, sorted by opponent. I'm big on head-to-head records, trends, and things like that if you hadn't noticed. Hopefully it leads to some really great insight in a post down the road, because it's going to take a few days to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night.
  • A list of each player who has worn each sweater number, dating back to 1996-1997. Yeah, that's right, I said "sweater."
Links to these are located on the right side of the page, just underneath the Twitter stuff. If I think of more things to add to that, I'll add them, if I don't, I won't.

My intent was to avoid duplication of the official site's history section, which has season-by-season rundowns, program statistical records and a list of all the Icers captains. Why do an uglier version of what's already been done?

I'm still working out the kinks, especially on the head-to-head list, where I can't quite get the total number of games to match up with what I think it's supposed to be. But if you see a glaring mistake on either, especially after I inevitably give up trying to get that total games played number to match in a couple days, please let me know.

By the way, those seemingly arbitrary cutoffs were chosen due to the fact that my collection of Icers programs goes back to the 1996-1997 edition (which of course includes 1995-1996 results). So there you go, mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment