"I felt we made a mistake in building a baseball field. I thought that should have been the ice skating rink, because I think hockey in this state right now, not just hockey, but ice skating, if you come up to our office building at 6:00 in the morning, some mornings you can't get a parking spot because parents have taken their kids up here to skate...I think hockey will be a great addition to our intercollegiate program. [The Pegula gift] is a great, great gift. And I think very far-sighted and I'm really pleased with it." - Joe Paterno

Saturday, October 22, 2011

M: Penn State 5 vs. Ohio 3


The top-ranked Icers completed the sweep of Ohio behind an uneven but gritty effort that finally broke through OU's stellar defensive zone play in the third period. Bobcat Brett Agnew once again burned PSU on the power play in the first, and that goal held up until a wild final period that saw (among other things) a Kurt Collins hat trick which included two shorthanded goals, a penalty shot and a P.J. Musico attempt at a goal on an empty net.

No comments:

Post a Comment