Hard to believe, isn't it? I'm not sure whether September 17th will end up being one of those dates we remember to mark with a quick tweet each year (or whatever it is people do when not on Twitter), but regardless, it's definitely worth noting this time.
Year one of Penn State NCAA hockey has been quite good to us, hasn't it? Consider that the following things didn't even exist (to us, obviously talks about some things took place before the press conference) until one year ago today, except located somewhere in a pipe dream.
- The largest private gift in Penn State history.
- Plans for the state-of-the-art facility now known as Pegula Ice Arena.
- A highly-qualified NCAA coaching staff, led by Guy Gadowsky, and including Keith Fisher, Matt Lindsay and Josh Hand.
- An equally-exciting group of women's coaches that includes Josh Brandwene, Mo Stroemel and Gina Kearns.
- Finalized conference arrangements for the men in the Big Ten (starting in 2013-2014) and the women in College Hockey America (starting in 2012-2013).
- A rapidly-growing list of players who will help PSU make the big leap.
- Several others who have followed Terry Pegula's lead with generous donations of their own.